Nattu Maruthuvam 07-01-2015 Benefits Of Seenthil Kodi (Guduchi) – Sun tv Show
Nattu Maruthuvam | Dt 07-01-15 | Dr.Sakthi Subramaniam | Siddha Maruthuvam
Benefits of Seenthil Kodi (Guduchi) | Medicinal uses of Seenthil Kodi (Guduchi)
Medicinal Uses of Seenthil Kodi (Guduchi)
Seenthil Kodi (Guduchi) also called Tinospora cordifolia is an herbaceous vine. The Sanskrit name guduci means the one, which protects the body. Guduci grows throughout India in deciduous as well as dry forests. It is said to climb over the highest trees, and to throw out aerial roots which reach the length of 30 feet. It is a perennial deciduous twiner with succulent stem and papery bark. The flowers are yellow, axillary, long-stalked racemes. The fruit is pea-sized, subglobose drupes, red in colour. The plant flowers in June and fruiting occurs in November.
Action : Cholagogue, detoxicant, alterative, immune tonic, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, anthelmintic, nervine, increases appetite, quenches thirst, Rasayana- rejuvenative, nerve tonic, reduces fevers, destroys toxins, reliever of gout/arthritis, cleans the blood, purifier of sperm.
Medcinal properties of Guduchi
It is antiperiodic, antipyretic, alterative, diuretic, anti-inflammatory.The Sanskrit name guduci means the one, which protects the body. It is a constituent of several compound preparations.
Uses of Guduchi
1. Guduchi is used in fever, urinary disorders, dyspepsia, general debility and urinary diseases.
2. It is also used in treatment of rheumatism and jaundice.
3. The medicated oil of the plant is effectively used to reduce the pain.
4. It works well on all the seven dhatus tissues and keeps the systems in balance.
5. It alleviates bodyheat, thirst, burning sensation to the skin and vomiting if any, due to pitta.
6. It is used in the treatment of gout and rheumatic disorders.
7. It is traditionally used as a household remedy, for chronic fever.
8. Guduci is recommended in the skin diseases.
9. It effectively relieves the itching and oozing.
10. It is immensely helpful in the digestive ailments like worm infestations, and loss of appetite, abdominal pain, vomiting, etc.