MorKali Idi Thuvaiyal | Kitchen Galatta | Sun TV Show
Kitchen Galatta | Sun tv Cooking Program
Kitchen Galatta, A Tamil Cookery Show, featuring preparation of Tasty, healthy and Mouth-Watering recipes by Star Chefs Meena Sudhir, Pazhanimurugan, Krishnakumari & Durga to make everyone cook world class foods in their homes.
Mor Kali is a very traditional and authentic dish prepared with buttermilk and rice flour.
1. Take rice flour in a bowl, add salt needed (approximately little more than 1/2 tsp flat). Then add buttermilk little by little to the the rice flour and mix well so that there are no lumps.
2. Once that is done, add 1 cup of water little at a time to the rice+buttermilk mixture and mix well again.
3. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, urad dal, hing and red chillies, when mustard splutters, add green chillies and curry leaves.
4. Then add 1/4 cup of water to the seasoning.
5. When the water starts boiling, keep the flame in low and add the prepared rice+buttermilk mixture stirring continuously
6. Keep the flame in medium and cook well. You can check for salt by tasting the mixture, if required add at this stage.
7. Switch off when it starts leaving the sides of the pan. Dip your fingers in water and touch the mor kali, if it sticks to your hand, then cook for some more time.
8. Once cooked, pour it on a plate and serve hot or warm. As it cools it will thicken.